From my personal point of view, If you have ever done one of these things you have the qualities of a good leader:
1. Not tried to play blame game when something goes wrong.
2. Spoken up your point even against higher authority knowing they might not like you for saying that
3. Accepted your fault
Related: 8 Signs of a Bad Leader
4. Shared your success credits with others
5. You have inspired someone to do something
6. Stood up in the time of crisis
7. Understood different people’s strengths and weaknesses
8. Focus on the positives of a person rather than their negative.
9. Ever took a stand against or FOR something
10. Never gave up on something even though others might have given up.
11. Ever gave up your personal convenience for the team’s sake
One of my recent favorites when it comes to Leadership is Simon Sinek. He says
Leadership is a choice. It is not a rank. I know many people at the senior most levels of organizations who are absolutely not leaders. They are authorities, and we do what they say because they have authority over us, but we would not follow them. And I know many people who are at the bottoms of organizations who have no authority and they are absolutely leaders, and this is because they have chosen to look after the person to the left of them, and they have chosen to look after the person to the right of them. This is what a leader is.